The Australia New Zealand Sedimentology group (ANZsed) is an informal network of sedimentologists affiliated with and linking to the sedimentology special interest groups of the Geological Society of Australia and the Geoscience Society of New Zealand . Anyone with research interests in sediments and sedimentology in Australia, New Zealand, and the SW Pacific region are encouraged to make use of this website and post to the facebook page.
It is hoped that ANZsed will become a key focus point for all aspects of sedimentological research in the Oceania region. The aims of this network are to:
- Promote communication and a sense of community between sedimentologists in the region, open to all people interested in sedimentology research (including academics, industry geologists, students, and amateurs);
- Support and encourage early-stage researchers (PhDs and post-docs) in sedimentology (for example through travel grants and awards);
- Organise research meetings and field-based workshops, and to host gatherings and/or sedimentology sessions at local Earth Science meetings and conferences (e.g. ASEG, GSNZ);
- Provide a resource-base focused on ANZ sedimentology through this website.
We need involvement of the community to make this work!
- If you have content you’d like to post here, or if you would like to be a regular contributor of blog posts, please send an email to Kathryn via email@example.com, or contact me via Twitter @sediAus.
- There is the facility through this site for member sign up. Whilst we’re not currently using this members list, there is the facility for setting up a future online ‘Sedimentologists Directory’ and email list. A decision will be made about that during 2019 following broad consultation
- We have a page on Facebook (Australia and New Zealand Sedimentology Network) and a linked Facebook Group Australian Sedimentology Group